Now remember people, National Coming Out Day is on its way. If you “come out” on facebook as straight and/or cis, an ally, a brony, a fucking whovian, or anything other than a marginalized sexual orientation and/or gender identity, I will ram my boot so far up your ass you’ll be tasting Vans for weeks.
Hey! So, Coming Out Day is coming up soon (Oct. 11) and I just want to post a very stern reminder to NOT out anyone without their explicit permission.
Do NOT out anyone.
First Broadway Revival of CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD to Open in 2015-16 Season http://ift.tt/1ryoX4i
For those who don’t know what the play’s about:
- it’s a drama about the relationship between a deaf woman and her teacher
- the lead female role has been played in the past by deaf actresses
- the role was specifically written for actress Phyllis Frelich, who is deaf. She would win a Tony for that role
- there is a film version of the play that earned Marlee Matlin (a deaf actress) an Oscar
Happy Bisexual Awareness Day!
Be aware of the bisexuals in your life
Ignorance could lead to being consumed whole
Bisexuals are actually boa constrictors
This is so important. Please watch it. And I’m not just saying it because it’s Emma.
- watched a ton of films because of the Toronto International Film Festival
- movies I saw (bolded - ones I love): Nightcrawler, St. Vincent, Men Women & Children, The Riot Club, Hector and the Search for Happiness, This is Where I Leave You, The Last Five Years, The Theory of Everything, Whiplash, Mommy, The Imitation Game, While We’re Young, Laggies, The Voices, Miss Julie, Wild, Bang Bang Baby, Before We Go
- got autographs from J. K. Simmons and Xavier Dolan (director of Mommy)
- got selfies with Dax Shepard, Corey Stoll, and Ben Schwartz
- got an autograph and selfie with Benedict Cumberbatch (yes, I’m a Cumberbitch, but on a moderate level)
The important thing about The Last Five Years is that I don’t feel like it’s the show’s job to tell you who’s at fault or what went wrong. It’s just a story that has to be told about two people who weren’t supposed to be together.